_______________________________________________________

Nokia Slow power up

I've been a happy E90 user for more than a year.

Recently, it suddenly takes 5 minutes to power up. The key board lights up, and the back light on the screen glows black, but the white "nokia" screen will not come up until then.
I've seen this problem mentioned on some Nokia boards and I searched this forum but couldn't find a good solution.
I've tried hard resetting the phone via *#7370# but the problem persists.

Latest 2.x firmware (not the recent 3.x yet.. BB connect), No new apps or any significant event that I can think of to trigger... happened all of a sudden.

I really don't want to go back to my old
E61 or move to a E71 .. but I'm on and off planes a lot for business and this boot time is .. frustrating.

The Answer
If reformatting the device without restoring a backup does not help, you most likely have to try to reflash the firmware. This will also update the firmware to the latest version, and you will loose the Blackberry Connect client. If that also does not help, it could be something hardware related which a Nokia service centre would have to take a look at.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker