_______________________________________________________

Confuse about File Manager

When I look at my phone with a file manager, I can see four drives called C:, D:, E: and Z: respectively. From my Psion days, I know that Z: is the ROM. E: is the memory card (this used to be D: on the Psion). On the Psion, C: was the RAM where files were stored and programs executed. I immagine that on the phone C: is the internal flash memory where files are stored. D: is labelled as RAM and is only about 1.8 megabytes in size. Is that where programs are executed? Does it act as a temporary store for things looaded from C: (some sort of cache you might say)?

The Answer
The D-drive is, indeed, a RAM disk that created automatically by Symbian/S60. Probably some built-in applications use it for temporary, fast file storage.



0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker